The City of Waukesha Chamber of Commerce would love to host your your ribbon cutting to help your company promote and celebrate its (re)opening. On the day of your ceremony, we will bring the big scissors and ribbon. If you are having any sort of celebration in conjunction we will spread the word to our members and invite them to join us for your big day.
Ribbon Cutting Guidelines
The City of Waukesha Chamber of Commerce is always pleased to help celebrate your business. Ribbon cuttings and groundbreakings are important to your business, and it is important to us that we help our members with these important events, provided they meet our specified guidelines. Ribbon cuttings are conducted at no cost to our members for the following events:
- Grand opening of a new business
- Celebration of a milestone anniversary (5yr, 10yr, 25 yr, etc.)
- Celebration of a groundbreaking
- Celebration of a relocation or major expansion/renovation
- Ribbon cuttings are subject to availability.
- Requests for the Chamber to host a ribbon cuttings need to be made at least 10 days prior to your event (three to four weeks notice will allow for optimum Chamber participation).
- The Chamber will invite its Board of Directors, Staff, Ambassadors, local elected officials, and the media.
- Your ribbon cutting will also be announced on our calendar of events, if it is open to the public.
- We will bring the big scissors and ribbon.
- A Chamber staff person or board member will be available to give opening remarks, if agreed upon prior to the event.
- The group will pose for the camera, and after the pictures are taken, the ribbon will be cut.
- Invite your own customers/clients/family/friends.
- Time appropriate refreshments are appreciated, but not required. If you need a caterer, be sure to check the City of Waukesha Chamber of Commerce's directory.
- Have plenty of brochures, business cards, or promotional items available for your guests.
- Have a drawing or give-away. Winning a sample of your product or a gift certificate is great exposure for your business.