The City of Waukesha Chamber of Commerce would love to help host your your ribbon cutting to help your company promote and celebrate its (re)opening. On the day of your ceremony, we will bring the big scissors and ribbon and, if you are having a celebration in conjunction, we will spread the word to our members and invite them to join us for your big day.
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
Past Ribbon Cuttings, Grand Openings, Business Launches, Business Expansions, Etc.
Ribbon Cutting Guidelines
The City of Waukesha Chamber of Commerce is always excited to help celebrate your business. Ribbon cuttings and groundbreakings are important business events, and it is important to us that we help our members promote and celebrate these events. Ribbon cuttings are supported at no cost to our members for the following events:
- Grand opening (or re-opening) of a business
- Celebration of a milestone anniversary (5yr, 10yr, 25 yr, etc.)
- Celebration of a groundbreaking
- Celebration of a relocation or major expansion/renovation
- Ribbon cuttings are subject to availability.
- Requests for the Chamber to host a ribbon cutting needs to be made at least 2 to 4 weeks prior to your event.
- The Chamber will invite its Board of Directors, Staff, Ambassadors, and local elected officials.
- Your ribbon cutting will also be announced on our calendar of events, if it is open to the public.
- We will bring the big scissors and ribbon.
- A Chamber staff person or Board member will be available to give opening remarks, if agreed upon prior to the event.
- The group will pose for the camera, and after the pictures are taken, the ribbon will be cut.
- Invite your own customers/clients/family/friends.
- Time appropriate refreshments are appreciated, but not required. If you need a caterer, be sure to check the City of Waukesha Chamber of Commerce's directory.
- Have plenty of brochures, business cards, or promotional items available for your guests.
- Have a drawing or giveaway. Winning a sample of your product or a gift certificate is great exposure for your business.